Every Coach needs the right Playbook
Defining and implementing leadership strategies
inspire leaders to greatness
CEO Playbook – Leadership Course
To be a great leader, you must have the right tools to help you lead.
CEO Round Table Playbook course for business coaches and executive leaders includes 10 sessions designed to inspire and transform leaders by teaching them indispensable skills. Over the course of 10 round table discussions, participants will learn how to:
- Craft a superior vision statement, mission statement, and a value proposition
- Set goals using the SMART method
- Apply the best practices in human resources, including human capital leadership, social capital leadership, and market value leadership
- Develop best marketing and sales practices
- Understand financial statements
- Discover new ways of thinking and ideas to succeed
- Implement practices and procedures that reduce waste, increase productivity, and improve employee morale
- Expand leadership ability through emotional intelligence and empathy
Knowledge gained from this course will result in professional growth for leaders personally and the organizations they oversee.
As a Business Coach, you can utilize this CEO Round Table Playbook to help leaders reach their full potential.
Agenda 2 – Core Values, Unique Value Proposition (UVP), Mission and Vision Statements
7:45 – 8:00 Registration: Check in, networking; Facilitator takes attendance.
8:00 – 8:30 Facilitator briefly reviews notes from the first session.
(If applicable) Introduction of participants who were not able to attend Session 1. CEOs to include name, personal and business background, family, etc. They should also include their business, goals, why did they apply, what would they like to get out of the CEO round table sessions, challenges they would like to address and more (about 5 – 10 minutes per person).
Facilitator asks Communications starter question: If you really knew me, you would know that I …. ” (or chose one from the Communication Starter Exhibit N).
Facilitator Question to CEOs: Does anyone have an important announcement or question that they would like to present to the group? (OPTIONAL)
8:30 – 10:30 Group Breakout: Facilitator restates the significance of Core Values, Unique Value Proposition (UVP), Mission and Vision Statements to a company’s overall structure. Facilitator then creates groups of approximately four people to review each participant’s assignment.
Each person has approximately 15 – 30 minutes to discuss their assignment (pros, cons, difficulties, etc.) on each of the above. Facilitator will adjust the time based on the number of people in the group. In each group, one person at a time shares their Core Values, UVP, Mission and Vision Statements. The remaining group members provide their feedback. Each person in the group follows the same process, allowing for similar group feedback. The Facilitator goes around the room and assists each group periodically.
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 11:45 The round table then reconvenes, and the Facilitator goes around the room and asks each participant to share one or two takeaways from the core values, etc.
11:45 – 12:00 Wrap-up:
Facilitator discusses the business development assignment for Session 3. Each CEO will define two personal and two company goals as well as one big hairy audacious goal (BHAG). OPTIONAL: Facilitator presents a PowerPoint presentation on the significance of why goal setting is so important, both personally and professionally.
Facilitator lets the participants know the following:
▪ They will receive an educational handout on core values, etc.;
▪ IMPORTANT: Each participant will be required to provide a final update on their core values, mission, and vision statement and unique value proposition to the platform they initially used to complete their assignment; ▪ For Session 3, they will receive (1) information on how to complete the setting of their goals, and (2) information on why goal setting is so important;
▪ Each participant must complete their business development assignment on goals on Google Docs or a similar platform one week prior to Session 3. A specific deadline date will be provided. A summary of all CEO results will be sent to participants prior to Session 3.
▪ During Session 3, they will work in groups to refine and update their BHAG,
personal and company goals. The Facilitator will create groups of approximately
four people to review each participant’s assignment. One person at a time shares
their goals and any difficulties they had and the group members provide their
▪ After Session 3 is complete, each participant will be required to send a final update on their goals to the platform.
▪ NOTE: The Facilitator will note to the participants that their goals will be reviewed
individually at the final session (Session 10) to see how they are doing against
them. Therefore updating will be important.